Facebook pixel Research Support | Pepperdine University
Skip to main content
Pepperdine University

Research Support

Corporate and Foundation Relations

Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) assists faculty and staff with external funding from foundations, corporations, and other private entities. CFR supports programmatic initiatives, internships, faculty research, infrastructure enhancements to educational and research facilities, faculty/industry expertise, equipment, and individual projects.

Visit the CFR website or email CFR additional information.

Office of Research and Sponsored Programs

The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) assists faculty and staff in the pursuit of public external funding for scholarly and creative projects. RSP staff work with potential project directors on every step of the process including program/project development, identifying opportunities from public federal, state, or local funding sources, correspondence with agencies, proposal writing and editing, budget preparation, review and routing for signatures, submission, and post-award compliance. RSP also provides institutional information such as Pepperdine's federally negotiated fringe benefits rate and indirect costs rate. RSP is located in TAC 336. The assistant provost's office is TAC 322B.

The InfoEd database streamlines the funding search and helps researchers find potential collaborators at other universities. More than 100 University faculty and staff maintain a personal profile on InfoEd and utilize the website for research.


Visit the RSP website for additional details pertaining to applying for and receiving public external funding.

Institutional Review Board (IRB)

The primary goal of the Pepperdine University IRBs is to protect the welfare and dignity of human subjects. A secondary goal of the Pepperdine IRBs is to assist investigators in conducting ethical research that complies with applicable regulations.

Visit the IRB website to learn more.

Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)

Faculty and students that conduct research on vertebrate animals or use them for educational purposes must complete the appropriate forms found on the Animal Care and Use guidelines page and submit them at least one month prior to the proposed project.